Real Change–for the common good
Your votes truly did make a difference. For the first time ever we saved our deposits in Chesham and Amersham, and Wycombe constituences, and narrowly missed in the very very Tory Beaconsfield constituency. This means we have funds to help towards our campaigning. The national voting showed that over 1 million of the electorate voted Green – and yet we only have one MP, the fantastic award-winning MP Caroline Lucas for Brighton Pavilion. The Green Party is growing day by day. It is time for voting reform!
See the full Green Party manifesto here includes Green Party stance against HS2 on pages 64-65
Interactive mini-manifesto here
On issues of the Chiltern area, Green Party is:
- Opposed to HS2
- The only party in parliament committed to OPPOSING fracking
- A party that campaigns for recycling rather than incineration – more jobs – less pollution
- A minimum wage of £10 an hour
- A party whose central value is social justice – rights for the many and not for the few
- Against the privatisation of the NHS
- A party that believes in community – keeping our local post offices, shops and facilities
- A party that prioritises locally produced food
- Opposing the closure of Day Centres and keeping our libraries and post offices
- Improving public transport for rural areas and making school transport free
- Championing a WarmZone insulation scheme for the district
- Campaigning against the cuts and for improved services
- Supporting and promoting Transition Town initiatives throughout the county
- Spreading the Fairtrade message – let’s have more Chiltern Fairtrade Towns
Promoted by Phil Folly on behalf of Chiltern Green Party both at 16 Essex Rd, Chesham, Bucks.
Nick Wilkins, The Green Party's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Chesham and Amersham, has been helping out with PSHCE lessons at Holmer Green Senior School...